Linux game console ready to ship

magesh kkmageshcse at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 06:41:00 UTC 2009

>>> http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS5134160105.html
>>>
>>> "Envizions announced that it is taking orders for an open-source Linux
>>> gaming system, and will start shipping beta units to game developers,
>>> resellers, and software partners on April 10. The EVO Smart Console is
>>> based on a 2.4GHz Athlon, and includes a Fedora-based Linux distro."
>>>
>>> Rahul
>>>

>>>  Wow, finally a dream came true, LINUX powered gaming console!
>>
>> --

i have always had a dream that one day linux might also have games like the
windows... but usually the linux games are not like the others (eg: crisis,
gta)
is it possible for linux to have these kind of games.. Gaming is the best
idea of marketting (60% of people using windows, does it for gamings)
I also thought it would be great if the gaming companies like the Electronic
arts, ubisoft could create games for linux (atleast a linux support for the
games they create like the NFS)
Then most of the people would migrate to linux.... i still dream about these
hope to see it one day
--
magesh
Life is "just tryin out things to see if they work"

http://magesh.geexhq.com/
http://twitter.com/mageshcse