Fedora Classroom - May 3 - With Noticable changes

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 16:14:19 UTC 2009

Hi all,

Paul just posted a blog about Fedora Classroom[1], and I wanted to get
this out long ago, but I've been really slow.  I wanted to get the

The Fedora Classroom activities have changed a bit this time around
and we wanted to use some of the Fedora Marketing mojo to get the word
out.  So let's start with the changes:

* Fedora Classroom now runs one full date from 12:00 am to 11:59 pm
(all in UTC time).
** This means that any class can be scheduled at any time, thus
accommodating more schedules
* We recommend sessions be approximately 1 to 1.5 hours. (this is a
change from scheduled 1 hour sessions)
** This also implies a short break between classroom sessions, but is
no longer required.

Fedora Classroom is always looking for more presenters.  The topic
doesn't have to be difficult.  You don't even have to be an expert,
just have something fedora-related to share.  If you are interested in
giving a class in your time zone, please sign up on the wiki.

Fedora Classroom is always looking for feedback and suggested topics.
If you are interested in hearing a particular topic, please add it to
the 'Suggest a Class' section, just below the schedule.

Fedora Classroom also has an archive of  previous classes.  This
archive is available on the Classroom wiki page as well, under the
'Classroom Archive' section.

I'm hoping for some feedback here to improve this message.  I'm also
looking to put this out on a few of the news distribution lists (we
should be adding this to FWN the week before it happens).  Any other
suggestions, thoughts, improvements are welcomed.

Cheers,

Clint