Press kits

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 22:59:42 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 06:12:37PM +0200, Max Spevack wrote:
> What's the status of press kits for Fedora 11?
>
> Are they designed?
>
> Has the content been reviewed/approved?
>
> When will be sending them out?

Internally at Red Hat, I've worked with Caroline Kazmierski to send
out Fedora <N> Preview releases on Live USB keys to a list of
journalists who use them to seed major articles to be published on
release day.  Those kits and their Scribus source files are found
here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_press_material#Press_Kit

I worked on the F10 version last time, and expected to work on the F11
version this time, running it by the Art+Design team to have them do
any visual repairs necessary for the best effect.  Thankfully the
template is kept very generic so it doesn't need to be tweaked a lot
for each release.  However, I'll be adding a bit to the content to
help the journalists make the best possible use of the keys.

In other news, we are moving to 4 GB keys this time instead of 2 GB,
which should greatly increase the lifetime of the keys even for
complete novices.