FUDCon

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 16:26:47 UTC 2009

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2009-August/msg00007.html

So, with the FUDCon announcement out the door (finally), Mel Chua and
I are looking into how we can get information from Toronto area LUGs.
Specifically, we want data on what they'd like to see in the way of
user content.

Our initial idea is a track or two of user-focused instruction, and
we'd like to be able to have one of those tracks culminate in some
sort of participation, like filing a bug.  But the most important goal
of a user track should be to make the user feel confident in a set of
basic skills so that they can enjoy Fedora, and potentially contribute
to it as a result.

So this message is not meant to kick off a thread of "Here's what we
should offer."  Instead, I want it to make people think about "Here's
how we should find out from our prospective audience what they want to
see."