Generic Marketing release cycle schedule (draft)

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Tue Aug 4 04:56:51 UTC 2009

> Mel, I'd probably put the Red Hat Brand coordination meeting earlier,
> something like Alpha availability +1 week.  They need significant
> headroom in their schedule for things like video production.
>
> Paul

Thanks, Paul (and sorry for the belated answer) - edited. Here's the
final generic one - final in the sense that we won't worry about this
until the start of F13, since this will certainly be tweaked at the
beginning of the next round.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/Schedule/Generic

Incidentally, we need someone to convert this file to taskjuggler format
- see https://fedorahosted.org/marketing-team/ticket/1. (yes, we're
using a ticketing system now. You'll see more of this as tasks trickle
in...)

--Mel

PS: Yeah, I know, I should have made the first ticket "not everybody
contributes to Fedora" or something like that.

PPS: Note the level of detail at which I'm trying to write tickets. I
went a little overboard; they don't all have to be this detailed.
However, a relative newcomer should be able to read a ticket and
immediately know how to start - at the very least, the ticket should
point to instructions on how to find someone on IRC to ask about how to
get started. This means using URLs instead of vague references ("that
site thing") and putting in clear "here's how you tell when you are
done" criteria. This will also help us remember what the heck a ticket
referred to several years down the line.

I'll repeat all this in a "now we have Trac!" email (which will point to
a wiki page asking people to do this sort of thing), but as a former QA
person, I couldn't resist an opportunity to advocate for good
ticket-writing skills. (Further suggestions welcome.)