[In the news] Distro Review: Fedora 12

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Dec 12 03:14:55 UTC 2009

Hi

http://danlynch.org/blog/2009/12/f12/

"Fedora advocates always point to the fact that it often has new
innovations before other distros. The developers work really hard on
this and I think they see themselves as trail blazers in a way. They
push a lot of their work back upstream and that’s how it ends up in so
many other distributions. That’s something they really should be
commended for. A good example is the Pulse Audio mixer, which I first
saw in Fedora 11. I then heard from many people what a great new
development it was 6 months later when it turned up in Ubuntu. This is
not a dig at the Ubuntu developers who also do great work, but to me
Fedora feels closer to the upstream projects."