Video: 5 Fun Things in Fedora 12

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 02:18:25 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 04:52:27PM -0500, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Gregory Maxwell wrote:
> >!  No, I didn't.  We all have important things to do with our time, there
> >is no crime in not taking some step, even an easy one, when we think
> >doing so will conserve some resources.
>
> Hey, let's be fair. I tried to do it the right way from the start.
> It was far from easy.

Unfortunately, good A/V production tools are not a strong point in
FOSS, although there are several notable projects in progress to try
and correct them.

I'm concerned about the encoding stuff in particular, though -- I hate
to ask, Mo, but did you get a chance to file a bug about the encoding
problems you faced?  If not, maybe someone here who's got a keen
interest in moving the free-software-top-to-bottom stack forward would
ilke to reproduce from your description earlier in the thread, and
then handle the filing of the bug(s) and follow-up.  That seems like a
very constructive way forward.

I enjoyed the video.