Fedora Insight HackFest @ FUDCon Toronto today!

Dale Bewley dlbewley at lib.ucdavis.edu
Sun Dec 6 17:54:24 UTC 2009

----- "Pascal Calarco" <pcalarco at nd.edu> wrote:

> From now through 6:00 pm (01:00 UTC) today, we'll be working on Fedora
>
> Insight on Zikula here at FUDCon Toronto, and you can join us online
> at
>
> irc.freenode.net in #fudcon-room-4
>
> There are three basic categories of work, including:
>
> 1) Infrastructure (lead: Simon Birwhistle)
> * packaging remaining items (xinhua, etc.)
> * installing PageMaster add-on for Zikula for workflow engine
> * resolving other issues
>
> 2) Workflow (lead: Pascal Calarco)
> * documenting how roles are handled in Zikula and in FAS
> * documenting revised workflow for Fedora Weekly News in Zikula
>
> 3) Content (lead: Mel Chua)
> * what content categories will be targeted for inclusion in Fedora
> Insight
> * plan for translation
> * handling multimedia hosting
>
> Come join us online!  We'll also be working on this tomorrow, Monday,
>
> December 7th through the same time.
>
>    - pascal

Hello,
I've been trying to sort of trudge through and implement some of the workflow objects, and I've run into a couple of errors within the Pagemaster module.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Dale/Zikula_FWN_Testing#Zikula_Modules

After creating a Pub Type while proceeding to create a Pub Field, one is presented with several PHP warnings along this line:

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in /usr/share/zikula/modules/pagemaster/classes/FormPlugins/pmformlistinput.class.php on line 71

Those are not a hindrance. However, after creating a Pub Type called "Beats" with a Fieldtype of "List" there is a blocker. You can see the result here or in the screenshot on my scratch page above.

https://publictest6.fedoraproject.org/zikula/index.php?module=pagemaster&type=admin&func=editpubfields&id=1&tid=1#newpubfield

The form snippet for editing the list is drawn off to the left of the screen.

This may be due to the following error which is triggered when clicking the "Pubtype form" link in the toolbar.

Javascript livepipe package was not found or it's incomplete. It's required for the plugin configuration modalbox. Please download it and copy into your site.

The download link leads to here, but there is no "livepipe". Only Pagemaster releases from 1 year ago.

http://code.zikula.org/pagemaster/downloads

--
Dale Bewley - Unix Administrator - Shields Library - UC Davis
GPG: 0xB098A0F3 0D5A 9AEB 43F4 F84C 7EFD  1753 064D 2583 B098 A0F3