[In the news] The State of Fedora: We're Not Just for Fanboys

Kara Schiltz kschiltz at redhat.com
Tue Dec 8 18:30:34 UTC 2009

LinuxPlanet
12.07.09

The State of Fedora: We're Not Just for Fanboys
Cheap, Easy, and Sustainable
By Sean Michael Kerner

With over 20 million installations, Fedora is among the most world's
popular Linux distributions. While that kind of success has been due to
a rapid base of supporters, the distro originally launched by Red Hat as
a community Linux project is having to bridge the divide between
targeting a mass audience and keeping hardcore enthusiasts in the fold.

That's no easy task, but for Fedora Project Leader Paul Frields, it's
key to the distro's continued growth.

"I'm not interested in a shotgun approach where we reach every single
person on the planet, though that wouldn't be a bad thing," Frields said
during a session at the FUDCon Fedora conference
<http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Toronto_2009> here this weekend.
"At Fedora, we're not interested in 'fanboy'-ism. What we're interested
in is people that want to contribute."

Full article:
http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reports/6922/1/