Marketing FAD 2010 - First Brainstorm

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Fri Dec 11 05:05:04 UTC 2009

On Tue, 8 Dec 2009, Robyn Bergeron wrote:

> I know there is probably (a) a budget of sorts, and (b) budgets for a
> lot of us who wouldn't have "corporate sponsorship" from our employer
> (ie - students and such) - so while Hawaii does sound absolutely
> fabulous, a ticket from Phoenix to Hawaii during that time (which is
> spring break here in the US for a lot of folks, meaning travel prices
> are higher) is in the $650 range, and from Boston to Hawaii is even
> uglier (think more like 800).

We'll certainly set aside budget for this event from our "Premier Fedora
Events" bucket, and given the nature of the event, most of that budget
will probably be spent on travel/lodging sponsorships.

I'm pretty sure that Henrik was joking with his suggestion of Hawaii.
:)

I think the best way to start thinking about a location is to first
build up an idea of who *wants* to attend, and then figure out a few
different date options for the event, and see which one is best.

Given what we've done at FUDCon, we know that it's possible for remotees
to participate fairly extensively in the event as well, with gobby,
streaming, or Fedora Talk.

It looks like we're already starting to build up a roster on the wiki
page.  Right now it's only 4, though.  When the wiki comes back up, I'll
add myself.

--Max