[Ambassadors] During some of my review of the Fedora 12 "Constantine, " Fedora 12 Talking Points. :)

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Tue Dec 15 16:04:10 UTC 2009

On 12/15/2009 08:49 AM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 12:31:23AM -0500, David Ramsey wrote:
>>
>> Hello Everyone,
>>
>> Greetings. :)
>>
>> During some of my review of the Fedora 12 "Constantine" content as
>> well as Fedora 13 "Goddard" content being developed, I find the
>> following in the Fedora_12_Talking_Points.
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_12_Talking_Points
>>
>> There is some entry for Fedora Electronic Lab, eh?  I do not
>> understand this for my presentation.
>
> I think this was added post-freeze of this content.
>
> I think the FEL is a great project and highly worthy of mention as an
> application of our 'spin' concept.  It's very appealing to an audience
> that is involved in electronics engineering and other hardware
> oriented development and hacking.
>
> However, it probably should be featured somewhere other than the
> general release talking points.  That's one of the reasons we set up
> the new Spins sites:
>
> http://spins.fedoraproject.org/
> http://spins.fedoraproject.org/fel/
>
> I'll revert that edit.

Thanks for the catch, David - and for the edit, Paul. Copying the
Marketing list on this.

The Talking Points that the Marketing team produces for our release
deliverables are talking points for the Desktop (GNOME) Spin.

However, the reason we're writing howtos/SOPs[0] for each of the
Marketing deliverables our team produces is precisely so that individual
projects (including Spins) can easily make their own versions of our
deliverables. It's my hope that we'll see talking points, one-page
release notes, etc. made by multiple Spin teams for F13, and we'll do
everything we can to make it easy for those teams to do so, in the
spirit of making tools available so that people can more readily scratch
their own itches.

Suggestions/feedback welcome - the first step is getting the howtos up
and written, which will be done by Alpha; they'll be announced to the
Marketing mailing list as well as posted on
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Marketing_HOWTO as they are
completed, if you'd like to add that page to your watchlist.

--Mel

[0] Standard Operating Procedures