[in the news] Review: 3 top Linux distros go for different users

Kara Schiltz kschiltz at redhat.com
Wed Dec 16 14:03:41 UTC 2009

Computerworld
12.16.09

Review: 3 top Linux distros go for different users
By Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols

[clip]

Paul Frields, Red Hat's Fedora Project Leader, described Fedora to me as
being "first and foremost for users interested in and capable of
contributing to open source." So if you're a Linux power user, you're
going to love Fedora. If you're not, this probably isn't the distro for
you.

It's not that Fedora is hard to use. While it's not as beginner-friendly
as Ubuntu, most Linux users shouldn't have any trouble working with
Fedora even if they're not developers.

[clip]

For all of its many excellent features, Fedora isn't the best
distribution for new or business users. But if you're a user like me who
already lives his computing life on Linux, it's a great choice.

Full post:
http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9142148/Review_3_top_Linux_distros_go_for_different_users?taxonomyId=18&pageNumber=1