Contributor Spotlight Podcast

Ryan Rix ry at n.rix.si
Sun Dec 20 01:21:39 UTC 2009

Hey all,

At a few weeks' ago marketing(may have been ambassadors?) meeting, I drug Paul
Mellors (cc'd) into a discussion with Max Spevack and I about creating a
podcast where various Fedora contributors would be interviewed by the host(s)
about what they do in the project, how they found Fedora, why they are a
member, etc etc etc...

Well, I think that such a thing would be a good marketing project, and think
that the new year would be the perfect time to start it up. Max said he had
some ideas on the podcast, and so did Paul, so I think it would be a good idea
to start up this discussion again, in a mailing list. I don't know if Paul is
a member of this list (I think so) but hopefully he doesn't mind joining in on
the discussion :)

Mine are, in essence, that first paragraph, it's a pretty straightforward
idea, I think. We'd brainstorm a list of contributors; not just big names, but
a lot of the newer developers, too. This has, I think, a two-fold effect: It
gets new developers who get featured -really- excited and the chance to
promote $project of theirs, and it shows people who may be thinking about
contributing just how easy it can be.

Thoughts?

Ryan

--
Ryan Rix
Fedora KDE SIG Member, Phoenix AZ Ambassador, News KDE Beat writer

New Mail address: phrkonaleash at gmail.com -> ry at n.rix.si !!
http://hackersramblings.wordpress.com | http://identi.ca/phrkonaleash
XMPP: phrkonaleash at gmail.com          | MSN: phrkonaleash at yahoo.com
AIM:  phrkonaleash                    | Yahoo: phrkonaleash
IRC:  PhrkOnLsh at irc.freenode.net/#srcedit,#plugaz,#fedora-kde and
      countless other FOSS channels.