Contributor Spotlight Podcast

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Sun Dec 20 04:28:12 UTC 2009

So, On 12/19/2009 08:21 PM, Ryan Rix wrote:
> At a few weeks' ago marketing(may have been ambassadors?) meeting, I drug Paul
> Mellors (cc'd) into a discussion with Max Spevack and I about creating a
> podcast
 > <snip>
 > We'd brainstorm a list of contributors; not just big names, but
> a lot of the newer developers, too. This has, I think, a two-fold effect: It
> gets new developers who get featured -really- excited and the chance to
> promote $project of theirs, and it shows people who may be thinking about
> contributing just how easy it can be.
>
> Thoughts?

Even easier startup: interview chain. You interview someone, they become
the next interviewer and have to interview someone else, and so on down
the line. (Note: this only works if it's really easy to set up for
making a podcast, so that's something to check.)

This is one of those great ideas that came up once upon a time, and
keeps coming up (because it /is/ a great idea), and mostly needs someone
to step up and do the first interview. ;)

--Mel