[Ambassadors] Re: Fedora 11: What do we expect?

Gaurav Prabhu g5_fosslover at yahoo.in
Mon Feb 2 05:45:53 UTC 2009

--- On Sun, 1/2/09, Joseph Smidt <josephsmidt at gmail.com> wrote:
From: Joseph Smidt <josephsmidt at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Ambassadors] Re: Fedora 11: What do we expect?
To: fedora-ambassadors-list at redhat.com
Cc: "Fedora Infrastructure List" <fedora-infrastructure-list at redhat.com>, "For discussions about marketing and expanding the Fedora user base" <fedora-marketing-list at redhat.com>
Date: Sunday, 1 February, 2009, 5:22 PM

     I think we are attacking the wrong goal.  What people want is
that their OS "Just Works".

     What Fedora really needs to do is find a legal way to make all of
these things "Just Work".  As long as the OS just works, newbies will
love it.

      Most people don't care if their driver came from Nvidia or not,
as long as it just works and gives equal performance.

                                      Joseph Smidt
Joseph Smidt <josephsmidt at gmail.com>

Physics and Astronomy
4129 Frederick Reines Hall
Irvine, CA 92697-4575
Office: 949-824-3269

Agree with you.
The other day I was chatting with a friend & I asked him the reason why not give Open Source a try?
Then he started telling that, it needs a lot of tweaking & he doesn't wants that headache.
He wants everything to work out of box. He also said it doesn't matter which OS I use but it should be able to complete his work as soon as possible.
So the bottom line is People don't care much, they just want it fast like as in Fast-Food.