Linus Torvalds Switched Back To Gnome

Diego Escobar dezone24 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 15:34:34 UTC 2009

Linus Says:

"I realize the reason for the 4.0 release, but I think they did it badly.
They did so may changes, it was a half-baked release. It may turn out to be
the right decision in the end, and I will retry KDE, but I suspect I'm not
the only person they lost."

Is not a secret KDE 4.0 has a lot of bugs. Now is getting the way. Linus
should take a look to KDE 4.2.

2009/2/3 Ashiqur Rahman Angel <angel at linux.org.bd>

> http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/linus-torvalds-switched-back-to-gnome.html
>
> Linus Torvalds, Linux's creator, dislikes the GNOME desktop. There was a
> big flame war(s) between Linus Torvalds and the GNOME community. At one
> point he claimed that - "*Gnome seems to be developed by interface Nazis
> and that its developers believe their users are idiots*". And guess what?
> Who made the switch to Gnome?
>
> Now, Linus thinks KDE 4 sucks and it is a disaster.
>
> Here is the Computer World interview:
> http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&taxonomyName=Software&articleId=9126619.
>
> Distrowatch has an interview with Linus this week regarding this issue.
> Here is the interview:
> http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20090202#feature .
>
> --
> Angel
> GPG key: 0x34001F46
> Bangladesh Linux Users Alliance
> Fedora Ambassador Bangladesh
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Angel
>
> Fedora -- Freedom² and rapid innovation

Diego Escobar
Fedora Ambassador for Colombia
Fedora Release 9 (Sulphur): Linux Kernel 2.6.25 + Gnome 2.22