Fosdem Max's video

Yaakov Nemoy loupgaroublond at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 17:21:48 UTC 2009

2009/2/19 Max Spevack <mspevack at redhat.com>:
> On Thu, 19 Feb 2009, Pierre-Yves wrote:
>
>> The only problem is that the file is around 1.7Go so maybe it could be
>> compressed a bit more so that Totem could read it a bit more easily :)
>
> 1.7G!!!  I should have talked faster :)

Video compression is sorta like an animated cartoon. The more movement there is, namely, the more changes, the more data that needs to be recorded. If the background is relatively static, then the video can be compressed to a smaller size.

I'm afraid that putting on and taking off the red hat increased the size of the video heavily.

-Yaakov