This Weekend?

Steven Moix steven.moix at axianet.ch
Sat Feb 21 12:40:21 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-02-20 at 16:49 -0500, Jack Aboutboul wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> Yesterdays meeting was great.  Alot of positive energy and we have been
> accomplishing a lot lately.  Here are a list of things that we can try
> to tackle over the weekend, for those of us who find some time:
>
> * Add your name to the meeting matrix so we can establish a new time for
> the meetings: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Jack/Meeting_matrix
> * Continue to add things to the release calendar:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_schedule
> * It might be good for us to have this new schedule look like what
> poelstra has, with an added column for owner:
> http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-11/
> * Take what JonRob has on his page and start to fold that, using the new
> template into the schedule for f11:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Jonrob/MarketingSchedule
> * Continue to discuss things on the list and brainstorm great ideas.
>
> Great, great work the last couple of weeks, lets keep it going. We have
> a lot of great energy, you guys make me proud to be involved in this!
>
> Jack

Hi,

I worked for around 4h this morning to clean up the wiki and renaming
pages to the new wiki syntax:
* Some pages were partially rewritten to clear up the content
* Some pages were merged to avoid an unnecessary content fragmentation
* Some pages were archived because they were too old or too clumsy.
Every pertinent content was transfered to other pages.

For the archived pages, I created an [[Category:Marketing archive]]
category and moved them to the Archive: namespace. Youcan see them on
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Marketing_archive

I also had some problems, or pages I didn't update at the moment. these
ones are still in my todo list:

These pages seem useful but really need updating, any volunteers?:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Books
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Presentations

Is this really our job? Do we want to continue and put effort in this
page? I'd like to archive it. Too much effort for too little.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/UserTestimonials

Isn't this the art group's job? These pages are useful to us:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_Fedora_banners
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_posters
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_statistics_poster

Conflicting or redundant items, we need to decide how to merge them...:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_press_material  Our Press Contacts
section
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/SpreadingNews
Merge https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_tasks in
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_schedule

The most critical point are the conflicting items, I'll think of a good
solution in the following days.

Steven