Red Hat Fedora Linux 10 nears 1 million user mark

Pablo Barrera pablobarrera at proyectofedora.org
Wed Feb 25 23:01:40 UTC 2009

Hi Larry and all

El mié, 25-02-2009 a las 11:29 -0800, Larry Cafiero escribió:
> That may be, Pablo, but if the reporter/journalist wants to be
> accurate, s/he will call it just "Fedora."

Of course, but this kind of mistakes happens all the time all around the
world. Confusing terms like Open Source with Free Software, Digital
break with Telecenters Concept, is a common mistake from Journalist.

I think that the mistakes comes from a common issue called " The
Community Edition of Red Hat". This is the first concept that must be
removed. An official communication from FAMSCO to all the known press
sources, attaching i.e the Max spevack comments around that Fedora is
not a Beta of Red Hat, could clarify the situation.

its true Larry, journalists comits mistakes, anyway...is better to read
a Fedora ( a RPM based distro) that Red Hat fork, so far :)

So long term support is the definitive solution to that :)

Regards
P.