Self-Introduction: Mike Naughton

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 16:00:09 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 06:38:42PM -0500, Michael Naughton wrote:
> Admittedly, I would like to see more billable programs for Linux.  I have
> tried Gnu Cash but I find it a bit cumbersome for simple time tracking and
> invoicing.  Additionally (like a lot of other people), I'd like to able to
> use Adobe programs in Linux.  Obviously this is not a Fedora gripe but an
> Adobe one.  I am confident that as Linux desktop adoption grows, Adobe
> will reach out to this market and provide products.  It already has with
> Flash and Acrobat.  I am also a part-time web developer and use Flash,
> Dreamweaver, Photoshop and Illustrator.  It would be nice to not have to
> boot into OS X use these tools.

You might want to look at Knomos:

http://www.knomos.org/index.htm
http://sourceforge.net/projects/knomos

However, it appears development stalled once they reached the 1.0 or
1.0a version -- I assume at completion of the contracted work.  It
would be nice to see additional development by people who care about
it...