Picture Book....

Ian Weller ianweller at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 22:32:16 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 02, 2009 at 11:07:14AM -0800, Doug Berry wrote:
> As far as profits from book sales goes, as I understand it
> Lightning Source does everything. They handle all sales, collect
> all the money, and send us a royalty check every three months.
> Except for that initial payment to them for that first book, for
> other books, they would just deduct their fees from what they owe
> us.

I'm somewhat confused. If it's an upfront cost, how is it deducted from
our royalty checks?

Can we get a summary of the price per book again? And will this be
black/white or full color pages? (I was peering around the Lightning
Source website and apparently they provide both services.)

> As far as a lead for this project, I would gladly volunteer my
> services, since I have some expertise in these matters. Or perhaps
> we could make an overseer of someone like Mo or Clint, since
> they are both Fedora and Red Hat, and could walk through both
> worlds so to speak.

Clint doesn't work at Red Hat, IIRC.

> If nobody has any objections, I will contact Lightning Source
> and amass the papers and contracts that will be necessary to
> be signed. It's all pretty straight forward, they just want to
> know who they are dealing with.

Let's hold off until after FUDConF11 for deciding on a vendor, I think
people need some more time to digest this information. Right now, I
think the process for getting pictures is more important, with FUDCon
starting seven days from now.

(Speaking of which, spot has reported to me that RH Legal will be back
in the office next week, so we should have some idea on what to do with
release forms.)

--
Ian Weller <ianweller at gmail.com>                  http://ianweller.org
GnuPG fingerprint:  E51E 0517 7A92 70A2 4226  B050 87ED 7C97 EFA8 4A36