[Ambassadors] Re: Picture Book....

Doug Berry slasherzee at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 5 14:02:00 UTC 2009

--- On Mon, 1/5/09, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:

> It seems to me that Max has got a plan for how to make the
> finances
> work out, whether that's by simply giving these as
> community gifts or
> using any income to fund other Fedora efforts (or simply
> sustain the
> publishing and gift-giving on the side).  My only concern
> was that we
> maintain transparency in any financial accounting.  I'd
> love to write
> an introduction for these.

Way cool!
If we do this right and keep our books affordable so more
people can afford to buy them, we should pay our way and
make a few bucks. Once we do a couple of books, we can
gage interest and be able to adjust our costs and prices
accordingly.

One thing though. After FUDCON, when the pics start rolling
in, we are going to be using Open Source Software to
create the actual books. Most probably Scribus, Open Office,
The Gimp, and ?. Maybe we could approach some of these
projects and set-up an agreeable time for the most people,
then have someone from these projects give us a IRC Fedora
Classroom session on How-to use their stuff to create a
book.

-- w Douglas Berry --
slasherzee at fedoraproject.org