[Picture book] Getting photos

Ian Weller ianweller at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 23:12:42 UTC 2009

We're going to use the Fedora Project wiki for uploading photos. This
ensures that people who are submitting photos have indeed signed the
CLA. I discussed the alternatives with Mo and it seemed like the wiki
was a good solution, and Infrastructure stated that the amount of
storage space shouldn't be a problem.

(I'd like if people did not submit photos until after the FUDCon ones go
up, but I can't really stop people from that.)

Procedures are available at
  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Picture_book#Submitting_your_image
Let me know if you think they should be changed. I've got a watch on the
page. Media in a category automatically shows up in a gallery format --
after they enter the "to be approved" category, we can move them to
different categories as necessary to sort out the incoming images. I'm
thinking different levels of usability, a rating from 1 to 3, one being
the most usable.

The nice thing about the wiki is that people who can make the photo of
higher quality can do so just by reuploading a photo for that filename.

We also need to appoint who is able to "approve" and sort the photos
into the rating categories. Something akin to the Fedora package review
process would be good -- a list of requirements, a list of people who
can review, and the process goes from there.

Questions, comments, flames?

(And, as a final comment -- let's hold off on the production-related
discussions until probably a week or two from now when we're done
sorting the FUDCon photos.)

--
Ian Weller <ianweller at gmail.com>                  http://ianweller.org
GnuPG fingerprint:  E51E 0517 7A92 70A2 4226  B050 87ED 7C97 EFA8 4A36