[Picture book] Where we stand right now

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Jan 12 14:20:10 UTC 2009

Ian Weller wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 11:06:38AM +0200, Nicu Buculei wrote:
>> About signing the release forms, what if we have a cool photo made
>> previously and no chance to meet in person with the subject again very
>> soon? I think it should be OK to ask him to sign and fax the form, I see
>> this used very often in business. Also, how about scanning and sending a
>> scan of the signed form?
>>
> This seems like the sane way to go but spot wanted me to have original
> copies, AFAICT. I'll point him to this message though.

Faxed/scanned forms would allow to use photos from past event, like
FUDCons from 2008 and this way we can kickstart the book with a large
amount of already existing materials.
Back when I contributed to Red Hat Magazine, it was enough to send by
fax a signed contract, so I expect the policy inside Red Hat to be
consistent.