Fedora takes care about the planet? FZC Proyect

Magnus Glantz mg at hacka.net
Sun Jan 18 14:14:43 UTC 2009

lör 2009-01-17 klockan 09:41 -0500 skrev Diego Escobar:

>       * In development policies Fedora how we save? Reuse of software
>         components is a very common practice. Can we measure it? Can
>         we save more?
>       * Planting trees at least 3 for each server 24 / 7 that we have.
>         (Thanks to Fedora Brazil)
> So, what do think? Fedora takes care about the planet?
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ZeroCarbon
> (under construction)
>

> --
> Diego Escobar
> Fedora Ambassador for Colombia
The development of Fedora is done using distributed development which
keeps physical travel related CO2 emission to a minimum. Also Fedora
distributes distributed development technology that is 100% free to use
for anyone.

When it comes to fighting CO2 emissions from the Fedora Project, perhaps
OK'd way of doing that should be established. From what I've read in the
Swedish news, some ways are better than others. According to the *World
Bank, global trades in the carbon market in 2007 were valued at more
than $64 billion.. It's probable that not all of those $64 billions
worth of trade holds the same standard or gets the same effect per $.
There are bound to be some shady characters trying to earn a quick
buck.

*
http://web.worldbank.org/WBSITE/EXTERNAL/EXTABOUTUS/ORGANIZATION/EXTSDNETWORK/0,,contentMDK:21763373~menuPK:3981802~pagePK:64159605~piPK:64157667~theSitePK:3167628,00.html

--