About the Marketing Meetings...

Francesco Ugolini fugolini at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jan 23 17:37:48 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 9:45 PM, Jack Aboutboul <jaa at redhat.com> wrote:

> 1. Is there any specific reason due to which you do not or have not recently
> participated in meetings?

I had to prepare exams and sometimes I have to accomplish some unplanned duties.

> 2. When do you think is the best day and time for a meeting?

Current date/time is perfect. If I haven't any other duty to deal with
after 18.00 UTC, I'm pleased to share my POV.

> 3. Is there anything else we can be doing inside the meetings that might
> make the meetings more valuable to you?

This isn't something from past meetings (that I've the honor to
attend): I think it's necessary to let people know what Marketing
Project means, I know it's quite a stupid thing (I'm sorry if I
pointed this), but I think if many of the mktg members would know what
are the projects activities/goals many people will join meetings. I
think this could be resumed in the principle that If there are goals,
there is activity and, consequentially, people.

> 4. Is there anything else that we can do in marketing, in general, that you
> think would make the project more valuable and beneficial to Fedora as a
> whole?

There is a marvellous Marketing Plan: I think it's necessary to
organize activities to explain its content and, then, focus on
activities based on it. Actually only few people understand the
marketing plan and all the connected activities: before acting there
is planning, but between those two elements it's necessary an
explanation i order to get the tasks done.

BTW, I want to let you know FAmSCo has created a task to better
collaborate with marketing, working spreading among Ambassadors the
mktg plan and use it as a mainly tool to direct the promotional
activities in events and so on (p.s. This task is currently under
development).

Regards

Francesco Ugolini