Fedora Zero Carbon - Updated

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 21:57:52 UTC 2009

2009/1/23 Rômulo Jales <romulojales at gmail.com>:
> Can you take some picutures?

Photos would be great, it would give us a chance to come back later
and tell a cross-medium success story.

But I don't think we can require pictures or any per purchase
activity.  I'm not sure that is going to scale.  I'm not sure that try
to strictly validate every single planted tree.

What we can do is form a group in the fedora account system, ask
everyone to affirm to a set of guidelines when joining that group..and
then trust people to abide by the guidelines.  Those guidelines could
include keeping a personal log or something to be submitted annually
for review by the Zero Carbon group.  If someone is found to have not
lived up to those guidelines you remove them from the group and
substract their trees as part of that review.

-jef