Q&A with Paul Frields at Red Hat

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jan 26 13:05:44 UTC 2009

Hi,

http://www.neowin.net/news/main/09/01/26/qa-with-paul-frields-at-red-hat

"What makes us unique, as I mentioned earlier, is that we do everything
the open source way. You'll never hear us announcing that Fedora is open
sourcing a product we use, because we *start* with 100% free and open
source, always. I think building a free software distribution without
using free software completely defeats the point of what you're doing.
Anyone should be free at any time to look at the Fedora Project, say, "I
can do that better," and then fork whatever they want to do a better
job. Our job, as Fedora, is to make sure they never need to do that."