Is KDE 4.2 the Answer to the Linux Desktop?

Diego Escobar dezone24 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 19:38:41 UTC 2009

Ok.

There are not official news from Fedora, but KDE 4.2 is available from
KDE-Red Hat testing repo for Fedora 10 (not 9). So People should think that
will be available comming soon. Personally I would like for Fedora 9 too.

2009/1/28 Michelle Thompson <mthompso at redhat.com>

> I have been monitoring tweets (through Twitter) with the keyword: fedora.
>
> Something on KDE 4.2 and Fedora came up today. There's a small mention of
> KDE 4.2 being available shortly in Fedora here:
>
> http://www.genbeta.com/2009/01/28-instalar-kde-42-en-ubuntu-opensuse-y-fedora
>
> I don't read or write in Spanish (which the blog seems to be written in),
> but a free translation from the Web on the paragraph about Fedora indicates:
> "In any case, it is expected that very quick [KDE 4.2] be incorporated to
> the official sources."
>
> Maybe the people who are already tweeting about this will pick it up when
> it's done. Or fedora folks could mention it's coming in their tweets. This
> may also help get the word out.
>
> Cheers!
> mt
>

> Paul W. Frields wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 11:33:20PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I think, it would have been useful to note that KDE 4.2 will be available
>>> as an update for Fedora 10 and Fedora 9 users as well, shortly. It is now in
>>> rawhide.
>>>

>>> http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3799116/Is+KDE+42+the+Answer+to+the+Linux+Desktop.htm
>>>

>> I did.  Unfortunately, I'm not able to control how quotes are used
>> by journalists.  Welcome to marketing!
>>
>> I'd encourage folks to leave additional comments at sites where they
>> can augment information like this.

Diego Escobar
Fedora Ambassador for Colombia
Fedora Release 9 (Sulphur): Linux Kernel 2.6.25 + Gnome 2.22