Proposed business card format changes

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 18:45:18 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 1:34 PM, Frank Murphy<frankly3d at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 01/07/09 19:29, inode0 wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 1:18 PM, Frank Murphy<frankly3d at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> On 01/07/09 19:14, inode0 wrote:
>
> <snip>
>>
>> The web of trust is worthless if *I* have to see everyone's picture
>> ID. The whole point of the web of trust is to extend validation beyond
>> the people I know.
>>

> The idae is correct but:
> you don't need to meet everyone.
>
> How it works properly is:
> Eg. I meet you,
> we exchange fingerprints, and see photo id.

Returning to Larry's question this is the point where I want my
fingerprint on my Fedora business card ... to make this exchange not
require me writing it down or printing it out or anything else. We
meet, we confirm identities using birth certificates and 15 forms of
other identification including 6 with pictures (or whatever *you* feel
is necessary beyond the stated expectation as described here and
elsewhere), and you take my business card. It makes my life at a
keysigning party that much easier and it makes the signer's life
easier later when signing the keys too.

John