The "One" Page Release Notes

Eric Christensen eric at christensenplace.us
Mon Jul 13 22:19:13 UTC 2009

> On 07/14/2009 02:55 AM, Eric Christensen wrote:
> > The Docs Team, at the FAD @ SELF, had an idea to create a one-page
> > Release Notes for users that aren't as technical as some of our other
> > users.  This Release Notes would be something pretty, graphical, and
> > would only contain high-level changes.  I guess what we are looking for
> > is something that is a "composite of the tour and release overview" to
> > quote Paul (stickster).
>
> How is that different from the release summary we used to do before? How
> do we differentiate this from the more technical detailed release notes?
>
> Rahul

Think desktop publishing... think pretty pictures... think "more than
just links to other pages".  I guess that would be the differences I
think of when I look at the release summary.  It isn't very exciting
looking.

Well, the more technical detailed release notes are very blah and are
many pages long.  It's more like a book.  What we want is more like a
newspaper front page.

Eric