foobar rawhide weather report

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Tue Jul 14 20:41:32 UTC 2009

> 2009/7/14 Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org>:
>> The idea was basically we'd keep track of how broken rawhide was on a
>> given day and report that as a parody of a weather report. I don't know
>> if something like that would be useful, but if so, I think it should
>> factor into the requirements.

Totally. Love. This. Idea. Whenever I see the mockup I look at the
forecast and start laughing. Added to
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FooBar#Design_requirements.

This actually makes a nice use case / litmus test for how easy it is to
get little custom tweaks into our platform choice, 'cause it's pretty
tough to distinguish them otherwise (going off our current requirements
list and comparing it to the platforms listed on the wiki page, without
looking at other important things like "how responsive is upstream"?)
Any zikula experts in the audience who can chime in and say "yeah,
zikula can do that, and it's this hard/easy"?

My $0.02: for sanity, nifty features like this should be automated as
much as possible - autogenerate the forecast based on buildbot, say.

--Mel