foobar platform pre-decision

Jonathan Roberts jonrob at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jul 15 08:48:43 UTC 2009

2009/7/15 Ian Weller <ian at ianweller.org>:
> At the meeting today there was general consensus to use Zikula for the
> Foobar project, mostly under the reasoning of "kill two birds with one
> stone" (Docs Project is also using Zikula) and "upstream is awesome"
> (Zikula devs are very responsive to the needs of Docs, and will be
> responsive to the needs of Marketing)

HUGE +1 on this from me... all my experiences with news.fp.o suggest
that working with other teams on a project like this is a must. The
work to ensure that an application is acceptable to infra, e.g. safe
and packaged etc, is not insignificant, neither is making sure that it
is all configured to meet requirements. Basically, the more the
merrier :)

Jon