Self-Introduction: Martin Duffy

Jonathan Roberts jonrob at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jul 15 08:51:43 UTC 2009

2009/7/14 Martin Duffy <duffym at gmail.com>:
> Hi everyone!
>
> My name is Martin, I'm from upstate New York, and my sister Mairin
> works for Red Hat and has gotten me into Fedora and open source
> software in general over the past few years. I finished grad school
> about a year ago studying English/writing, and currently I'm
> volunteering in an Americorps program with the Red Cross as my day
> job. I'm hoping to contribute to Fedora marketing by writing copy,
> blogs, any kind of media content (podcasts, video, etc.),

Hey, and welcome :) As someone who has copy writing experience, you
might be interested in helping out with the production of a glossy
"one page" release note. You can find out more in this thread:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2009-July/msg00056.html

Of course, if that doesn't take your fancy, keep an eye on the list
and meetings, and I'm sure something you want to help up with will pop
up soon :)

Best,

Jon