New member to the group

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Fri Jul 17 15:58:46 UTC 2009

>> I'm a Java engineer, having specialized in web application development for the
>> past few years.  I currently work for Booz Allen Hamilton in the Washington DC
>> metro area.  I've started my Wiki profile (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/
>> User:Theandruu) but there's not much other than the basics at the moment.

Welcome, Andrew! It's likely that I'll be in the Washington DC area this
coming fall, so we should get together sometime if that happens.

If you look at...

> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_F12_schedule

...you'll see a lot of references to a project called FooBar. That's
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FooBar (yes, the name is temporary). Once
we choose a platform, we're going to need a lot of help from people who
can bridge a bunch of different areas - technical, content,
marketing-strategy,
coordinating-with-other-teams-within-Fedora-working-on-similar-projects
- to get this smoothly running by the time F12 is released. If you take
a look at the FooBar wiki page and it sounds interesting, holler and
we'll hook you up with that. (If you see JonRob or ianweller on IRC, ask
them about FooBar as well.)

--Mel