old, old, old Fedora Insight notes.

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Sat Jul 25 12:47:17 UTC 2009

Well, "old" = "about a month, back when it was still called FooBar." I
found the notes from the first conversation I heard about FI at (a
meeting with Jack, Mo, and Smooge in Westford). Sorry about the
belatedness; should have posted them publicly right when I took 'em.

If you're curious what we talked about, I did a line-by-line paraphrase
in realtime, now posted here (with awful, awful formatting):
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FooBar#Background

Here's the initial list of content categories we came up with (JonRob,
maybe this is useful as a starting point to talk with News? I think they
should ultimately decide the final category list, but that's your call.)
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FooBar#Content_categories

And likely to be the most useful part for most people asking "what is
FI?" we spent some time going through Planet that morning and triaged
blog posts there into "this would go in FooBar" and "this wouldn't go in
FooBar". Comments and debate extremely welcome.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FooBar#Content_examples

One thing I plan on doing before the next meeting: wiki cleanup to
recategorize, rename, move, redirect, etc. all references to "FooBar"
--> "Fedora Insight." (Ian, holler if there's anything else to be done
for wiki goodness on this front.)

--Mel

PS: does anyone else feel the urge to yell "FI!" once in a while? (see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semper_fi.) Maybe I'm just weird.