The "One" Page Release Notes

Jonathan Roberts jonrob at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jul 14 16:58:38 UTC 2009

> Jon,
> I don't think we were trying to say that someone wasn't doing their
> job in creating this documentation.  We are simply saying that there
> may be a better way of doing these projects.  I know that I've been
> asked where people can find a document much like I've explained here.
>
> The Docs Project is constantly looking how we can produce the Release
> Notes better and that we are getting the information out to our users
> in a better way.  This idea is just one of those thoughts.
>
> I know I appreciate everything that everyone does for the Fedora Project.

I wasn't suggesting that, simply that more recognition of work that's
done before would sometimes go a long way, rather than dropping by and
saying "we have this great new idea..." without showing any awareness
of similar work that's been done before. A quick bit of Google
searching shows enough to get a feel for what has come before. I know
in the past this has made work I've done feel undervalued, and left me
feeling very frustrated with the project as a whole. Not only would it
prevent such feelings but it would also lead to better quality work,
building on the shoulders of giants and all that...

I'd like to emphasise as well that I'm almost certain that everyone in
the project appreciates all the work done by other contributors, and
I'm sure you're no different. Just a little more research before hand
might go a long way. This, I guess, is just a bit of a hot button
issue for me that I'm a little quick to react to...

Like I said, and I'm sorry it's been pushed to the side, but I'd like
to help with this effort, so please do keep us on the marketing list
informed of what direction you push things.

Jon