Wiki cleanup

Steven Moix steven.moix at axianet.ch
Wed Jul 15 09:06:31 UTC 2009

Hello,

On 07/12/2009 12:44 PM, wonderer wrote:
 > Hy,
 >> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_tasks: I'd like to archive
 >> this page, in the new cycle we have simply added a "current tasks"
 >> table to https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_F12_schedule which
 >> serves the same purpose. I have transferred all the tasks which are
 >> still alive from the old page to the new one, but please have a look
 >> and tweak it as you like.
 > Is it possible to diferentiate those a bit mor structureable? maybe let
 > the "Frontpage" Marketing_tasks and then diferentiate to past , actual
 > and future tasks. Also I think there will be allways ongoing tasts that
 > could stay on the Marketing_tasts page...

I changed the title on the F12 schedule page, it should be clearer now.
This "General tasks not tied to a particular Fedora release cycle" will
be ported to every new cycle by me when I cycle the pages. The old page
really didn't work simply because nobody clicked on the link, thus
nobody worked on the tasks.

 >> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/LinuxUserGroups : does this page still
 >> make sense? Archive?
 >   -1 !
 > Linux User Groups all around the world are (in my opinion) most of the
 > community based structures outside Fedora itself. They have a lot of
 > potential and even if there are strictly a marketing issue it can be one
 > part of it...

I was just looking at this page, which hasn't been updated in ages. So
I'm not sure it is even useful. Note that it isn't really a marketing
page, it's just linked from our section. I'll leave it alone.

 >> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_brain_dump : does this page
 >> still make sense? It looks like we are using the mailinglist for that...
 > Hmm, i think sometimes a mailinglist is good, sometimes a wiki. That
 > depends on the task...

Anyone else has comments on this one?

I'm already going to archive these pages for now:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/UserTestimonials
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_tasks
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_surveys

Thanks