New member to the group

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 15:28:17 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 11:46:36PM -0400, Andrew Cuga wrote:
> Hey, All!
>
> I'm a big fan of FOSS and have been looking for some communities to get
> involved in.  Since the past few months I've been becoming enraptured with
> Fedora and wanted to become a contributing member.
>
> I'm a Java engineer, having specialized in web application development for the
> past few years.  I currently work for Booz Allen Hamilton in the Washington DC
> metro area.  I've started my Wiki profile (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/
> User:Theandruu) but there's not much other than the basics at the moment.
>
> As I said, I'm looking for ways to become more active, so I heartily welcome
> suggestions.  Some of the things I hope to get out of this is to meet other
> people in the community, to learn more skills / become expert in them, to help
> expand the project's client base, and maybe even contribute some code.

Ah, my neck of the woods, kinda!  Welcome Andrew -- we have a number
of current tasks listed here on the schedule:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_F12_schedule

If you see something that looks interesting, speak up and we can then
hook you up with the person running that task to see how you can help.