Comments about Microsoft and the GPL

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue Jul 21 09:25:14 UTC 2009

On 07/21/2009 12:04 PM, Keiran Smith wrote:
> Well looks like us linux users can look forward to some of the
> instabilities of windows in our Own Operating Systems. What are
> microsoft thinking

I don't think you will be affected by this code unless you run a
virtualized Linux guest on a Windows host and if you do that... well,
probably you already have bigger problems :p

I am quite pleased by the Microsoft announcement, from now on when an MS
astroturfer will try to throw FUD at me about Linux being inferior
security and quality wise compared with Microsoft solutions I can smile
and point Microsoft *is* a contributor to the Linux kernel.

The same about GPL: after releasing code under GPL, it would be really
embarrassing for Microsoft to call again it as being "communist",
"cancer" or "Pac-Man".