News distribution network 2.0

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Wed Jul 29 20:21:47 UTC 2009

> I don't know the English expression for that, but...on fait d'une pierre
> deux coups. ;)

"Killing two birds with one stone," maybe? (I don't actually speak
French...)

> Any comments on the new way I'm planning to use the NDN? Its goal is now
> really to push the most important FI news worldwide, it's a tool deigned
> just for that.

A big +1 from me here. If I'm understanding this correctly, what this
means is that all we have to do is worry about getting good (and shiny)
content onto FI; if FI contains 100% excellent, public-facing content,
NDN's Ambassadors will do the rest in terms of getting individual pieces
of that content and the messages they convey into specific, targeted
places (individual publications, blogs, podcasts, journalists, etc.)

In other words, FI is how Marketing and News supply the ammo (News
filling the water balloons, Marketing polishing them up and delivering
them in a convenient box with a map of suggested targets), and the NDN
actually loads and shoots the slingshots.

--Mel