Fedora 11 Tour

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Fri Jun 5 12:44:22 UTC 2009

On Thu, 4 Jun 2009, Jack Aboutboul wrote:

> I've been working on the Fedora 1 Tour page.  Link is here:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_11_tour

I think it looks good -- I made a few little tweaks, and I'm going to
add my podcast w/ Dimitris & Diego to the list.  The screenshots page is
very nice as well -- my thanks to herlo and moixs for their work on
that.

The question now is:

How do we drive as many people to that tour page as possible?  When Red
Hat releases its press blog, it would be nice to include a link to the
tour.

We should make the tour the focus of what we push out on Planet, and to
the various news sites on Monday.  A success metric would be having LWN
link to that page in a "if you're waiting for F11 tomorrow, here's
something to whet your appetite" kind of way, which they will only do if
they find the content on that page (the interviews and podcasts) to be
compelling to their audience.

My recollection is that Marketing missed the Websites freeze to get a
link to the Tour page on fp.org and get.fp.org -- that's something we
definitely need to correct next time.

--Max