Hands-on: new Fedora release goes up to 11 but doesn't rock

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jun 11 21:05:59 UTC 2009

Hi

Seems the reviewer hit one of the installer bugs. The storage layer
rewrite did pop out quite a lot of bugs. Most of them were fixed before
release but some still linger.

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/reviews/2009/06/hands-on-new-fedora-release-goes-up-to-11-but-doesnt-rock.ars

"The poor installation experience and a number of other minor bugs that
I encountered (weird SELinux error messages that appear after the
screensaver is deactivated, for example) prevent me from giving Fedora
11 the strong endorsement that I have typically given to new Fedora
releases in the past. The delays simply weren't sufficient to address
all of the problems before launch. For users who don't mind roughing it
and enduring the weaknesses, Fedora 11 does have a lot to offer under
the surface."