This Weekend

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 22:21:13 UTC 2009

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 06:01:28PM -0400, Jack Aboutboul wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Jack Aboutboul wrote:
>>
>>> Hey All,
>>>
>>> So on the heels of everything that went on this week, there are a couple
>>> of things that could use some love over the weekend.
>>>
>>> First and foremost, at the meeting, the In Depth Features coverage idea
>>> was announced and there was a page up here:
>>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F11_in-depth_features . If people can
>>> please pick up the remaining features by Monday that would be a great
>>> help and then we can discuss them on Tuesday's upcoming meeting.
>>>

>> I picked Ext4 since I have spend quite a bit of time learning more about
>> it but I am curious as to why these particular features are being picked
>> among the many many new features planned for Fedora 11. I think, we need
>> to make sure we are picking the right features to focus on, first.
>>
> The list was decided by Max and Paul themselves...

In fact, we worked on this in the last Marketing meeting, and the one
previous, IIRC.

We tried to find a round representation of those features that:

* provided compelling stories of interest to the lay press that tends
  to cover Fedora, showing off new features in which we had a
  significant hand developing

* indicated the continuity of feature planning, allowing us to show
  that Fedora is engineered for the long-haul, not patched together
  with quick fixes

* indicate the future across the platform, including end-user
  functionality (PK, PA volume), business relevance (virt), and
  collaboration strategy (Moksha).