Start of F11 Marketing and Press Push

Jack Aboutboul jaa at redhat.com
Mon May 11 23:12:37 UTC 2009

Hello All,

The press push for Fedora 11 will be in full effect starting tomorrow.
Below is what I will post to the Fedora planet and submit to other news
channels tomorrow.  Something will be posted about this to announce list
tomorrow.  Also, this is what should be distributed by the NDN folks and
please ambassadors and others if you can help drum up support by linking
to this, that would be great.

Of course let me know what you think.  I will be tweaking this again
assuming I get some good feedback.  I will be back on the computer at
around 11pm.

Thanks
Jack

--------------

The Countdown to Fedora 11 - "Fedora 11 General Overview with Fedora
Release Engineer Jesse Keating"

Fedora 11 is less than two weeks away.  The excitement is in the air as
well can't wait to see the product a more than a few long months of hard
work.  It's prime time to start the countdown clock and start talking
about the upcoming release, talk about what users can expect to see,
highlight new features and describe some of the enhancements that we can
all look forward too.  As part of a series of Podcast and print
interviews, Today, I would like to present the first podcast in the
Fedora 11 Podcast series, an Interview with long time Fedora contributor
and Fedora Release Engineer Jesse Keating.  The Audio can be found here:

http://jack.fedorapeople.org/Fedora 11 Overview - Jesse Keating.mp3

In the interview, Jesse talks to us about the achievement milestone of
putting together 11 releases, the process of planning and putting
together a Fedora release, how it was done for F11 and also some of the
tools, which he helped create which are used to put together the Fedora
distribution.  He talks about Pungi [https://fedorahosted.org/pungi/]
and Revisor [http://revisor.fedoraunity.org/] which are tools used to
compose the Fedora tree and create a custom remix or re-spin,
respesctively.  He also talks about some of the changes which have taken
place under the hood to enable Fedora's new super fast boot up.  Jesse
takes us on a whirlwind tour of some of the greatest enhancements we can
look forward to in F11, including changes to PackageKit and a new
upstream version of RPM, the new default ext4 filesystem, enhanced
fingerprint support for authentication and what we can look forward to
in the future releases of Fedora.

The Full Fedora 11 Feature list can be found at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/11/FeatureList and you can look
forward to more in depth coverage of some of those features and of the
upcoming release in the days to come.  Fedora 11 is sure to prove a
highly innovative and technology advanced release.

Fedora 11.  Get ready.  There's reason to be excited!