Linux ISOs

indigo196 at rochester.rr.com indigo196 at rochester.rr.com
Fri May 8 11:28:05 UTC 2009

Keiran:

I am not aware of people not being able to make money off of open source. While Fedora gives away media there are additional services that a disk burning service can provide.

1)  Custom burns that include all the patches to-date for that distro
2)  Faster delivery than the distro's free ordering process

While most will choose to download the .iso themselves, these services help those with meetered connections or those that are still on dial-up.

I truly do not see the conflict with FOSS and companies making money from it.

cprofitt