Confusion of over Red Hat/Fedora trademarks

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon May 11 23:54:39 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 11:39:38PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi
>
> The original story writer seems well meaning but perhaps a bit confused
> as he primarily writes about Ubuntu but also mentions Red Hat and
> Fedora. A clarification might help. Anyone wants to step up?

The original story is here:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/164633/trademarks_the_hidden_menace.html

There already seem to be a number of people poking at the large holes
in this article, including the outside counsel for the OSI, Mark
Radcliffe.  Do we really have much to add to the discussion?  If so,
no problem, just note what you're interested in having clarified.