Interview with Greg Dekoenigsberg - Red Hat Community Architect

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue May 12 22:35:30 UTC 2009

Hi

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/interviews-28/interview-with-greg-dekoenigsberg-red-hat-community-architect-725426/

"Our greatest strength is our association with Red Hat, which is an
incredible company that believes deeply in Free Software. Hundreds of
the best engineers in the world are paid to work on Fedora, and they
work alongside thousands of volunteers who are just as passionate. The
relationship between Redhatters and volunteers teaches both how to make
better software.

Our greatest weakness is our association with Red Hat, which is a
grown-up company and has grown-up company problems. Last year's security
incident is a perfect example; once it became clear that there had been
an intrusion, we immediately had to cut off communication with even our
most trusted community members, so that the company could pursue
appropriate legal actions."