[Ambassadors]Wiki Page for articles and corrections

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed May 13 14:02:13 UTC 2009

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 12:01:59PM +0530, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> hi,
>
> Recently Rahul and Paul had discussed what they could do to
> rectify/clarify erronous data that articles over the internet publish. I
> had thought up something and just made a draft page for you folks to
> see.I've added a few entries just as a demo. The page will be open
> (obviously).
>
> Please comment/discuss the page, and if okay, we can use it.[1]
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Media_publishings

I think your heart's definitely in the right place, Ankur!  But I'd
worry this page in its current state would quickly grow out of
control, given the number of articles that pop up over even just one
development cycle.

What if the page used a simple queue system?

Each article could include a very small amount of information in a
table:

* Hyperlink to the article

* Comment by someone on the Marketing team who has seen it, noting a
  questionable section

Also, the page would include general guidelines on how to make
corrections.  Once corrections are made, the correcting person could
strike the row from the table, so at any time it only shows the
current state of the queue.