Why would I want Fedora?

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Fri May 15 15:00:16 UTC 2009

> How about;
> "Fedora is similar to proprietary operating systems like
>  Microsoft Windows and provides an easy and powerful graphical
>  environment, office suite, games and more. It is a secure and virus-free
> experience with brand new releases full of major improvements every six
> months all for free (both in terms of cost, and ability to change the
> underlying code to suit your own needs)."

Isn't it similar to *BSD too ?

"Fedora is an Operating System, just like Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac
OS X or <insert as many as you want, keeping in mind that too few can
hurt people and too much will bore the reader> ... "

There's one thing that is concerning me.

When I submitted a game package in fedora, I had a description similar
to "this game is in the style of <name of a commercial game>" and I
was told to remove the reference to a commercial trademark not owned
by the Fedora Project as it could cause legal issues.

Aren't we in a similar case by writing this kind of stuff on our wiki page ?

Regards,